[ A proposed feature list from 1/30/95 - jbum ]
Proposed Features for Palace 1.0
- Macintosh and Windows Version available. Macs and PCs can communicate on same network.
- About 20 Rooms (see separate sheet). Product can fit on 3 to 4 floppies. Installs on hard disk.
- About 100 Props, including drinks, smokes, hats, wigs, period costumes, toys and other role playing objects.
- 5-6 sets of faces (Generic smiley faces, generic male & female, feline, etc.)
- Basic Plug-ins
- Cards (Solitaire, Poker, Hearts)
- Spot, the wonder dog
- Working authoring system
- Users can create new rooms
- Users can create/edit props & faces
- Users can script using "IptScray"
- Server operator can prohibit authoring, lock rooms
- 3rd party developer kit (could be provided via on-line services as well).
Allows programmers to write additional "Palace Aware" add-ons.
- "Black Box" library for connecting palace
- Source code for sample add-on (Tic-Tac-Toe)
- Local Area Network Support
- TCP/IP (Internet)
- Modem Support
- Person to person
- Compuserve CB
- Internet IRC Server
- Internet Support
- Modem to service provider (i.e. netcom shell account)
- TCP/IP (direct connect)
- Package includes both Palace (server) and Sparky (client). User gets a serial
number which is good for 2 additional people. Server authenticates serial numbers and
rejects users past a certain limit for each serial number.
- Additional serial numbers are sold via an 800 number with volume discounts, for example:
- $15 for a single user
- $30 for 3 people
- $45 for 5 people
- Comic Book style manual with breezy docs, more detailed docs available on disc.
Proposed Features for Palace 2.0
- Realtime video/audio support for highspeed networks
- Additional Room Art (~100 rooms)
- Additional Prop Art (~500 props)
- Better (English-like) scripting language
- More Plug-ins
- Dow Jones
- Space Fighter Game
- Dungeon Game
- Ping Pong
- Eight Ball
- Book style manual with extended docs to accompany comic book
- Various new features in response to user feed back